110-01-2020 - 12-23-2020
Young People Say What They Need
Young people throughout the city (target ages 9-24) are invited to identify needs in their communities and submit project ideas for how to address them.
212-23-2020 - 01-27-2021
Youth Organizations Submit Proposals
Community organizations will be invited to submit proposals in response to youth needs and project ideas for up to $20,000
- Projects must serve youth in at least one of the 25 prioritized communities defined by young people.
- Proposals must encourage youth engagement, education and/or participation in the project itself or in the implementation of the project.
- Organizations submitting proposals must be capable of meeting the City’s requirements for doing business with the City of New York.
301-20-2021 - 02-03-2021
Vetting of Proposals
The Civic Engagement Commission does a final vetting of submitted proposals.
402-08-2021 - 02-26-2021
Young People Vote
Youth vote on the proposals and project awards announced.
502-26-2021 - 09-30-2021
Youth Organizations Implement Projects and Report Back
Winning organizations implement their funded projects.
- Project timelines are announced.
- Organizations invite young people to participate in the implementation of their projects.
- Youth organizations prepare and submit a report back that documents how their project went.