City Council District 5 - The People's Budget
Participate in City Council District 5's participatory budgeting
Thanks to everyone who participated in PBNYC this year. It was Cycle 11 for the city but our first time and we were happy with the enormous success of the process this year. We look forward to continuing to work with our residents to make the process better and to engage more people in having a say about the needs in our district and in the city,
Schoolyard Resurfacing for M.S. 114 and P.S. 138 (798 votes)
- Location: M.S. 114 East Side Middle School/P.S. 138 (331 East 91st St.)
- Cost: $380,000
- Description: "Project would replace the slippery, degraded mats of the schoolyard that date back to the building's construction over a decade ago. This will improve the overall safety and sanitary conditions for the students."
Technology Upgrades at New York Public Libraries (798 votes)
- Location: Roosevelt Island, Webster and 67th Street libraries
- Cost: $250,000
- Description: "Project would provide technology enhancements at Roosevelt Island, Webster, and 67th Street Libraries."
Pathway Repavings in Carl Schurz Park (747 votes)
- Location: Carl Schurz Park
- Cost: $300,000
- Description: "Project would repave 10,000 square feet of paths in Carl Schurz Park."
Four NYPD Security Cameras (668 votes)
- Location: within District 5; specific sites to be chosen by NYPD
- Cost: $160,000
- Description: "Project would fund 4 NYPD cameras in Council District 5. These security cameras would enhance crime prevention, provide a sense of security in public areas, and establish surveillance in underserved areas."
M.S. 177 Bathroom Renovations (665 votes)
- Location: M.S. 177 Yorkville East Middle School (1458 York Ave.)
- Cost: $225,000
- Description: "Project would renovate one faculty and one student bathroom, both of which are in a general state of disrepair. It would upgrade the sinks, faucets, toilets, soap dispensers, mirrors, tile floors, stalls, paper towel dispensers, and urinals."
P.S. 151 Water Bottle Filling Stations (652 votes)
- Location: P.S. 151 Yorkville Community School (421 East 88th St.)
- Cost: $64,000
- Description: "Project would install 8 water bottle filling stations to cover each of the five floors of the school."